Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Finish

Dear (Grand) Daughter is done.  I started this journey in March 2016, sewing on both sides of the pond (which meant packing and unpacking my purples) at least twice.  Chapter 12 was released in December, while I was in England, without the previous 11 chapters or fabrics because it had gotten too big to travel and still leave room for clothes, and I saved it to my desktop.  When I returned home to Canada in February I forgot to copy the patterns to my thumb drive, so my Chapter 12 (top left corner of quilt) is made from visual and of course techniques learned during the Quilt Along.
Dear (Grand) Daughter was made for my grand daughter, Penny Lane, who loves purple, dancing, singing, coloring and Disney princesses, but then what 7 year old doesn't :)  No princesses made it into the quilt, but some dancing, singing, coloring and lots of purple.  'Dance' was sewn together incorrectly and I didn't notice until after I quilted it, so it stayed incorrect.  Once in the quilt it doesn't really matter.  Really... it doesn't... ;)  I struggled with what words to use, wanting it to be more personal to Penny.  I felt most words/phrases in the patterns were a bit too old.
It finished at 88" x 60".  I quilted each Chapter (without backing) as I finished it, put the Chapters together and used  two small 'ready made' fleece throws for the back.  Not the best put together quilt, but I'm happy with it :)
 

Dance as it was supposed to be placed (flower petals surrounded the dancer)


Dance as it was placed :)








7 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. You did a wonderful job with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, it was a fun quilt along and I'm pleased to have it finished :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! You are so talented! Beautiful quilt. Thank you for sharing, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, your post is very kind.

      Delete
  3. This turned out so lovely! I am sure Penny Lane will love and treasure it for years to come.Thanks for sharing and linking up with this week's TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley, and you are welcome. It's always nice to have a Finish to blog/brag about and a place to do it.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)